Locating service providers by entering your postal code:
Places to start getting help or support (adapted from http://www.cmha.ca/mental_health/getting-help):
- Talk with supportive friends and family
- Talk to your family doctor or a community health centre – they can link you to other professionals, as needed
- Connect with community mental health clinics or organizations for information, support and services
- E.g., Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – http://www.cmha.ca
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) – http://www.camh.ca/en/hospital/Pages/home.aspx
- First Episode Clinics http://epion.ca
- Call a help line
- Ontario Mental Health Helpline (provides information on programs and services) – 1-866-531-2600
- Gerstein Centre (offers crisis intervention) – 416-929-5200
- Scarborough Hospital Mobile Crisis Program (provides crisis response) – 416-495-2891
- Toronto Distress Centre (offers emotional support and crisis intervention) – 416-408-HELP (4357)
- Connect with others who have personal experience with a mental illness
- Attend workshops and education sessions hosted at community centres, mental health agencies, schools, etc.
- Talk with a leader from your faith group
- Connect with a counselor or therapist
- Talk with your workplace employee assistance program
- ***Visit your local emergency department or call 911 if it is urgent
For Faith-based treatment, faith-based support groups, Hospitals and GTA service providers, please go to Community Partners.
All of these links and resources are being provided for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval from our Working Group regarding any of the services or opinions of the organization or resource listed.