Where can I get help?

Locating service providers by entering your postal code:

Places to start getting help or support (adapted from http://www.cmha.ca/mental_health/getting-help):

  • Talk with supportive friends and family
  • Talk to your family doctor or a community health centre – they can link you to other professionals, as needed
  • Connect with community mental health clinics or organizations for information, support and services
  • Call a help line
    • Ontario Mental Health Helpline (provides information on programs and services) – 1-866-531-2600
    • Gerstein Centre (offers crisis intervention) – 416-929-5200
    • Scarborough Hospital Mobile Crisis Program (provides crisis response) – 416-495-2891
    • Toronto Distress Centre (offers emotional support and crisis intervention) – 416-408-HELP (4357)
  • Connect with others who have personal experience with a mental illness
  • Attend workshops and education sessions hosted at community centres, mental health agencies, schools, etc.
  • Talk with a leader from your faith group
  • Connect with a counselor or therapist
  • Talk with your workplace employee assistance program
  • ***Visit your local emergency department or call 911 if it is urgent

For Faith-based treatment, faith-based support groups, Hospitals and GTA service providers, please go to Community Partners.

All of these links and resources are being provided for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval from our Working Group regarding any of the services or opinions of the organization or resource listed.